Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pteruges - Can you help
Hi can anyone please show me at what angle do you attach shoulder Pteruges ? Iam having a problem getting them to lay right on my subarmalis . pics would be great .

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Arrange the pteruges in a fan shape. They will sit correctly then..
[Image: DSC03111.jpg]
[Image: DSC03112.jpg]
Did you over lap the bottom layer too? That is what I have planned to do to give that thick bunching you see on some statues. Not sure if it will work though. I see you did it with the top layer. I am planning on trying buffalo hide. eventually.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I see now , principle would be the same with leather I asume ?

Thanks ,

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Oh yes.
I would use fabric over leather...lest you fall into the hollywood look. 8)

Legion: TBD
Good point Magnus , never thought of that Confusedhock:
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
I used linen wrapped over felt for mine...worked out pretty good. The stitching I used as part of the decoration. Having said that, the upper "tongue" shaped pteryges I made out of leather. All the sculpture points to something smooth for them, which means either metal or leather.

Legion: TBD
Here's a thought: What if they were metal strips, but covered in fabric to avoid cuts due to their mobility and flapping about on the limbs?

Only a thought, and I only typed it in or I'd lose it by tomorrow. No flames please. BTW, the arm pteryges and those above the bum could be shaped metal strips :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hang on... it's no longer only a thought. Hmmm....
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Hang on... it's no longer only a thought. Hmmm....

:lol: Could be anoying if you get up after sitting down and have to ask one of your mates to bend your bend pteryges back into the right shape

I have experienced this problem myself with fabric on leather pteryges in the past. :lol:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making Pteruges (or at least trying to make Pteruges!) AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 141 48,533 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Last Post: madoc