Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thracian Lancers presentation uploaded
I was looking at a Kazanluk image- the only one that showed up. I have seen this image reconstructed with the men holding Gallic-style barley corn bossed shields. The shield to me looks more like an adarga, a bilobed rawhide shield from N. Africa of a much later date. There is a clear indentation at the top and bottom, as well as groove down the face from top to bottom. Perhaps there is a clearer image that shows an elongated gallic boss.

I do not, but would like to know if the adarga pattern arises from some property of constructing the bi-layered rawhide shield that may have been the same back in Thrace or if it is simple style.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Thracian Lancers - by sitalkes - 10-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Thracian Lancers - by Paullus Scipio - 10-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Re: Thracian Lancers presentation uploaded - by PMBardunias - 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new video uploaded Dienekes_Hoplite 1 1,156 05-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Last Post: qcarr