Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some helmets-some info
Something like 30 iron helmets were discovered in Novae. Don't have any other info (info is from researcher -Andrzej Biernacki -who gave the preliminary report in istambul).
http://www.ku.edu.tr/ku/images/RCAC/program.pdf
As far as I understood they belong to Spangenhelme type.
Other is info on guilded silver sheet (once belonged to Berkasovo type helmet) sold to Vojvodjanski muzej in Novi Sad. The sheet was ironed and leveled to the form of paper by the seller (!?), and now it is in restoration laboratory with the aim of transofming it into its previous state. Don't have other info, have not seen it. Forgot to say location of find is Jarak in Srem district, something like 50 or 60 km to east from Berkasovo.
Third is pic of helmet from Sofia museum
Stefan Pop-Lazic
by a stuff demand, and personal hesitation
Stunning! Laudes awarded! I have been trying to get some decent hi-res photos of this one for a Loooong time! Big Grin D

I don't suppose you managed to photograph the left side did you?? :wink:
Is that all one embossed sheet or is it segments?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
All I get with that link is a 2 page, text page. No photos or any details about helmets. Any chance of some pics of the gilded sheeting?

Great news otherwise!

Can anyone post a direct link?

Thanks
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for info. on helmets Ross Miller 3 1,522 06-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Last Post: LuciusSallustiusPlautus