Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
manica
aaarrrggghhhh!
john Hyland
Quote:ok.....as wearing inside your arm can cause horrible infections...... Tongue P roll: (you did ask) :lol:

*cymbal clash* Ah man don't quit your day job!

Wouldn't any other position on the arm hinder it too much?
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
The ones I have are really quite flexible, to be honest, so not sure if there is much worry about hinderence. I would guess the important thing is positioning for maximum protection, for the technique you use?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I tried both positions myself, and found that it was clearly better protectively worn on the front of the arm, not the side primarily because the former always maintains maximal coverage forward and left , which is where a right-handed opponent's weapon will be coming from. Remember a blow may come when one's arm isn't extended, which is rather less often than it's not, and worn on the side, a manica is wide open to the left. What's more, the position of the internal leathering straps is such that maximal flexion occurs in the center, not at the edges.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Sound logical!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel