Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find It Fulham Scabbard Re-Fit - Work In Progress
Thanks Jurjen and Ade!

Quote:Nice work Sulla!
Just one question tho' were there mainz/fulhams wit hte partial guttering on the scabbards? No need for evidence just a yay or nay will do me!

That is pretty nice work, and the pics make what appeared quite a complex undertaking less of a mystery now. Cheers!

I was hoping that you might be able to tell me (being in possession of the Miks books!). This is clearly not the case with most of the repousse Mainz scabbards, but the "transitional" scabbards (Mainz to Pompeii) are intriguing. The inspiration for the chape design is the Porto Novo gladius which appears not to have "typical" guttering if you look at the cross sectional diagram. The scabbard looks to be very wide for a Pompeii type, and yet it does have the "typical" palmettes that we see on many Pompeii scabbards. There are at least two other scbbards that seem to be of this "transitional" type so I figured it would be nice to have a scabbard that is inspired by them!

Sorry, but a simple yes or no is beyond me :lol:
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF

Messages In This Thread
Re: Find It Fulham Scabbard Re-Fit - Work In Progress - by sulla felix - 06-01-2008, 03:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,716 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Creating a Fulham Scabbard With Reprousse~ Plates Pointer 5 2,205 09-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,477 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert