Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Archery --Contacts?
Hello all,

I'm not a frequent poster here on RAT, I find that in my case It's better to "listen" rather than "talk", but, being an archery enthusiast myself, I was drawn to this thread.

I cannot recommend the Asian Traditional Archery Network (ATARN) highly enough. It seems to be the largest site dedicated to the study and practice of archery on the internet. There is a special interest in horn-bows. Think "Roman Army Talk" but just for archery. True, the bulk of their information and references are concerned with the areas from the Black Sea to Japan, but there is good crossover. And the forums are amazing. One could build their own bow just by reading posts (or so it would seem). Also, again, though mostly concerned with eastern traditions, if nothing else, ATARN will provide and *excellent* jumping-off point through their links, and the volume of information inside.
Terran
Terran
I have to agree with you on that. ATARN is a site thats well worth a visit or 10.
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman archery jraommeasn 2 1,471 10-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Roman Bows and Archery Equipment Lucius Aurelius Metellus 23 6,944 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Matt Lukes