Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caerleon Events?
Sounds fun (The 20th will crush you all :wink: )
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Just back from a brief stop at Caerleon. I forgot to take any photos.

Saw the first gladiator show, was great fun Big Grin lol:

Had a quick nosey round the museum too and spent far too long trying on the Roman gear for kids in the "barracks" :oops:

Did you have a good show?
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
We had a great show, did you see our missle display or 'hollywood heroes'? all slighly sunburnt and a large enough washing pile to bury my youngest! did you see a 'lady' in yellow with a blue undertunic spinning? t'was me make sure you come and say hello if you come to another...our next is our own Gladiator show up at lunt in the middle of July.
take care
Deb
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]
Quote:We had a great show, did you see our missle display or 'hollywood heroes'? all slighly sunburnt and a large enough washing pile to bury my youngest! did you see a 'lady' in yellow with a blue undertunic spinning? t'was me make sure you come and say hello if you come to another...our next is our own Gladiator show up at lunt in the middle of July.
take care
Deb

We literally only saw the gladiator show then had a nappy emergency to contend with. Had a quick wander round the camp but didn't see anyone resembling your pic.

Were the gladiators not from Vicus then? Loved the one who smeared blood all over his face then "spat" at the crowd, not enough psychos in reenactment :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
The Gladiators were from 'Brittannia', we were the only two groups present, nappy changing fasilities were sparse-I don't envy you there...

kind thoughts
Deb
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]