Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caerleon Events?
Does anyone know what group do these? :- http://www.caerleon.net/events/

Or are they employed by the museum?

Thanks!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
It is the Ermine Street Guard in the main picture, although as far as I know they are not doing any events at Caerleon this year. Britannia will be at the event in June. Not sure about any of the other activities.
Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:It is the Ermine Street Guard in the main picture, although as far as I know they are not doing any events at Caerleon this year. Britannia will be at the event in June. Not sure about any of the other activities.
Graham.

Thanks Graham, guess I'll find out when I'm there! Am in Wales for the 29th July so might pop along :o )
Kat x

hello libitina

The event on 28/29 June at Caerleon involves the Vicus reenactment group, we have a web site, just call up the www.vicus.org on search engine and it will take you to our site, always welcome new members.we are a briton/roman group and friendly as well Smile . We are both legionary (affiliated to leg IX in the States. we are the sixth century, third cohort IX legion) and auxiliaries, we are a combat group using blunted metal weapons as well as living history and both sexes are welcome to join any unit, roman or britons.

martin
centurio VI centuria
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
oops sorry forgot to mention, not all our members feel the need to bash each other and we have plenty of civilian non fighters showing the gentler side of roman/briton living :oops:
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
I can vouch for all of the above written by Martin as my own group have participated in a number of events with the Vicus.
While they may have a gentler side they do prefer to bash each other.

Its more fun isn't it mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Regards,

Gary
\\" I just need something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.\\" Q.O.T.S.A

Gary Rodwell
aka Gaius Longius Deva Victrix Chester Garrison
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.romantoursuk.com">http://www.romantoursuk.com
Bashing is always good! :lol:

Thanks for your posts. Am on my way back from a wedding at Pembroke on the Sunday.. depending on a potential hangover I might just be cowering by the gentler members! Big Grin
Kat x

yep Gary bash bash bash :twisted: Big Grin

as to hang overs, theres enough grog around our campfire at night so another hungover bod wouldnt matter :roll: :!:
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
:lol:
Kat x

Finally got an avatar Lib! Very cute !!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Finally got an avatar Lib! Very cute !!

Thank you, only took me 6 months Big Grin lol:
Kat x

We'll be at Caerleon with our brood! we were at Lunt last weekend- both of my kids crying their eyes out because they didn't want to leave anyone...ah bless....There's quite a few of us based around the South west, my mead may just be ready by then....

kind thoughts
Materfamillias
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]
Quote:We'll be at Caerleon with our brood! we were at Lunt last weekend- both of my kids crying their eyes out because they didn't want to leave anyone...ah bless....There's quite a few of us based around the South west, my mead may just be ready by then....

kind thoughts
Materfamillias

Excellent, will pop over and say hello (if we stop off - weather permitting). My husband asked me at an event last weekend how I seemed to know of so many random people, I told him it's the joys of being an internet nerd Big Grin
Kat x

Quote:We'll be at Caerleon with our brood! we were at Lunt last weekend- both of my kids crying their eyes out because they didn't want to leave anyone...ah bless....There's quite a few of us based around the South west, my mead may just be ready by then....

kind thoughts
Materfamillias

Aah! I didn't realise you were at Lunt, I would have said hello- or maybe I did ? I spoke to a few of you guys anyhow not realising you were on RAT. :lol:
Was it your son who was doing a grand job of ensuring the troops were fed and watered? Big Grin
I also befriended a cute little pet dog there who kept wanting to play 'fetch'. It was a great day out, cheers!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Yes that was son no 1 and his friend! he likes a job to do, earlier he had been on kitchen duties (grinding spices that kind of thing) son no2 not keen on working-I think he has aspirations for the Patrician class!

take care
Materfamillias
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]