Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reason why Bavaria became part of Germany..
Quote:I remember "preussens gloria" at the book-burning scene in indiana jones III ...

:wink:

yeah, i have this version from the OST.
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Ladies and Gentlemen it is Soooo very simple

After chewing a lot of catriges to load the muscket and your tongue burns from saltpeter then you DEFINETLY appreciate a GOOD beer.

I didn´t see Weichenstphaner on the video Cry

And as I have posted elsewhere weissbier is substantial contribution to civilization.

Prost!
Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKn3nl9FeY

Makes me feel funny, maybe I was once a redcoat Smile

This past Monday was Patriots Day here in Massachusetts. They hold reenactments in Lexington and Concord and then a big parade. My kids are trained to heckle the Regulars (as the Colonists would have called them, since they still considered themselves British) on sight. Their favorite taunt is to call for hot butter when they see the "lobsterbacks". All in good sport mind you. I know it's not fun marching in itchy wool and knickers. To tie this in with the original post, even though my Grandfather was from West Prussia I was glad to be stationed in Bavaria. Military glory is all well and good, but it can't compete with good beer. A lot of people don't realize it but the U.S. National Anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" is based on an old English drinking tune. I don't know if that song "To Anacreon In Heaven" was running through Francis Scott Key's mind when he wrote the words, but they sure went together well. The Camp Chase Fife and Drum Band has a great rendition on their third CD.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Salve Publius,

I see we're from the same gens Big Grin

Quote:Military glory is all well and good, but it can't compete with good beer.
Thats why this is usually combined Big Grin lol:
Quote:Salve Publius,

I see we're from the same gens Big Grin

P. Clodius Secundus:14zokcwc Wrote:Military glory is all well and good, but it can't compete with good beer.
Thats why this is usually combined Big Grin lol:

How did you come to select you Roman name? I chose mine from a surviving duty roster of Legio III CYR. I just hope he was a good soldier and not some trouble maker. On second thought, that would quite appropriate considering my record of service :lol: . I'm sure even my current Centurion and most RAT members would agree.
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Quote:How did you come to select you Roman name? I chose mine from a surviving duty roster of Legio III CYR.
"My" name has no real background AFAIK Sad ... I choose Clodius instead of Claudius, as vulgar latin names should've been far more common within the ranks, IMHO.
btw, are there lists of such duty rosters on the net available? Would be nice, to have a look at.
Dudicus found the duty roster in one of Goldsworthy's books. It lists a number of names and dispositions such as Detatched, Sick, etc... my favorite is Helios's Boots. It conjures images of a high profile guard post at the feet of a large statue in the market place near the temple complex. Plenty of shade and you get to chat up all the pretty girls walking by. In reality it was probably a punishment detail but a fella can dream can't he.
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
[url:asu0tvfa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRzPTx98TNI[/url]
:lol: Just love it.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:[url:3evd53q5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRzPTx98TNI[/url]
:lol: Just love it.

LOL! Polt is the best (or used to, before "Germanicus").
Aka
Christoph
polt is god. polt is my master. everything he ever did was great. (even germanicus).

"sie brunzkachl sie, sowas wie eana keat mit da scheissbiaschtn ausekaut"
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
Quote:I heard "bella ciao" in a movie but I won't remember the title of it
Maybe the Yugoslavian movie "The Bridge"?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
mmh, could be...
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Reason Why StrategyM 42 6,537 05-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Anonymous