Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer prices!?
Imy country, starting in the super market you can get a 500 mlt metal container for 0.5 Euro and they can "skin you regaly" in expensive Bars.

Naturaly microbrew is usualy more expensive.

May you always enjoy your beer!

Cheers!!!
Quote:Looking at your beer prices I seriously consider becoming a smuggler and running beer into your countries. ;-) )

Libitina:17dh3w5p Wrote:I love Lidl! We have lots near me. The middle aisles always have completely random stuff. I find myself wanting to buy things I wouldn't even need

Lidl is in England also? :o ...btw, I know the "middle aisle"-problem really good, just yesterday they nearly got me to buy a pair of shoes and a complete bandgrinder ... fortunately, I managed to get out

I go in for milk and come out with kinder chocolate, a sewing machine and a random sausage. They have some great food at Christmas too, spiced biscuits, those little round gingerbread cake things with chocolate.. Yum.

Think their cheap beer brand is Excalibur here.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Around here there is a "Bud" product called ESB about $6.50 a six pack. Drinkable but nowhere a good pint of Spitfire 8)
Domestic runs anywhere fron$3.50 to $6.00 a six pack.Local tavern gets $1.50 for 10oz tap of Coors.
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Quote:Around here there is a "Bud" product called ESB about $6.50 a six pack. Drinkable but nowhere a good pint of Spitfire 8)
Domestic runs anywhere fron$3.50 to $6.00 a six pack.Local tavern gets $1.50 for 10oz tap of Coors.
Jon R.

Would that be known as Red Hook also? I love that stuff. It usually goes for the same price here. I like my beers a little more potent than domestics, which leaves microbrews. The Pacific NW has lots of good breweries, and a lot of what's in the beer ailses are local products. Mactarnahan's is my favorite after Guiness and Urquell. It goes for $7 normally. The other 2 go for $8 or so, which is why I don't go for them often.

Now in bars here, it's about $4 a pint. That's why I don't go there that often unless it's happy hour Big Grin
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Hi Virilis,

Sam Adams, the local microbrew beer here in Boston, MA, USA (local for me because I live up the street from the brewery) goes for about $6-7 for a six pack of 12 ounce bottles. Other microbrews range from $5 to about $12 a six. At my local tavern brews from the major breweries (Bud, Miller, etc.) go for about $2.50-3 a pint. Microbrews and imports range from $4.50-5.50 a pint. Larger bottles, such as Sam Smith's (22oz I think) are correspondingly more expensive. These prices are about the same at other taverns in the neighborhood.

Cheers!

Lucianus
L.E. Pearson
Joel
Thats the one Big Grin
Jon R
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Well, I don't buy beer in bottles, so I don't know the prices here. But in a pub you can get good Czech beer usually around 1 Euro for 0,5 l. 8)

Greetings
Alexandr
I normally buy at a small, local brewery close by, Weissbier (wheat beer) costs 13.- euros /crate (=20x 0.5l bottles), so that would be 0.65 euros per bottle. Cheap ordinary beer can be had for less than half of that.

For half a liter in a pub you pay around 2.50 - 3.- euros outside Munich.
The beer-prices of your countries makes my head spin Confusedhock: ... Well, I will go to Estonia to buy some good, affordable beer. It is considered to be the most low-class act here in Finland but what the heck!

I am a re-enactor & used to people laughing at me :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Well, I will go to Estonia to buy some good, [affordable] beer.
that sounds like a paradoxon to me.
It should read
Quote: Well, I will go to Bavaria to buy some good beer.
8)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:
Quote:Well, I will go to Estonia to buy some good, [affordable] beer.
that sounds like a paradoxon to me.
It should read
Quote: Well, I will go to Bavaria to buy some good beer.
8)

Well, I just might Christian :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Am I allowed to participate in this thread when I tell you that I only drink alcohol-free beer? Big Grin
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
Quote:The beer-prices of your countries makes my head spin Confusedhock: ... Well, I will go to Estonia to buy some good, affordable beer. It is considered to be the most low-class act here in Finland but what the heck!

I am a re-enactor & used to people laughing at me :wink: ...

Hey that sounds like the European version of what people do here! Big Grin lol: Because taxes on alcohol are different from state to state, the cost of liquor can really vary quite a lot. New Hampshire, which borders Massachusetts to the north sells liquor for less money so lots of people go across the border to buy. When I lived in Connecticut, which borders Mass. on the south, we used to go across the border because the liquor stores were open until 10:45 pm. In Conn. they closed a lot earlier.

If beer is so expensive, what do people commonly drink in Finland? Hard liquors, wine?

Cheers!

Lucianus
L.E. Pearson
Quote:Am I allowed to participate in this thread when I tell you that I only drink alcohol-free beer? Big Grin

What?! What kinda loony talk is that :lol: You can join me and Sonic, we're the other sober ones. Unless you knock back your alcohol-free beer with a brandy chaser Tongue
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:
Decius:13oqc7e2 Wrote:Am I allowed to participate in this thread when I tell you that I only drink alcohol-free beer? Big Grin

What?! What kinda loony talk is that :lol: You can join me and Sonic, we're the other sober ones. Unless you knock back your alcohol-free beer with a brandy chaser Tongue

NO! ''We don't serve your kind here!''

None of you are welcome, get out! Get out now!!! Big Grin