Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What If?..
Always lowering the tone Memmia :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Decius:28znrlt7 Wrote:"du hast einen vogel" and "dir brennt der hut" is quite similar, yeah

We say- 'You're barmy', 'You're a nutjob', 'You are one sandwich short of a picnic', 'The lights are on, but no-one is at home',.

Or more recently 'You're Heather Mills' :twisted:

hahaha! :lol:
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
@memmia: tell me something about the dialect in the west midlands...
Quote:@memmia: tell me something about the dialect in the west midlands...

The dialect in the West Midlands ? :lol:

Think Ozzy Osbourne. He's from Aston, in Birmingham. The standard West Midlands accent is the Birmingham one, known as aBrummie accent, but the strength of it varies between Birmingham and the Black Country (South Staffs). Some phrases:

It's bostin'- It's great
It's bosted- It's broken
Ar- Yes
Nah!- No
Where yoo gooin'? - Where are you going ?
Hark at that !- Listen to that!
Goo and wash ya donnies- Go and wash your hands

I just realised, poor Dan, we've off topic'd his off topic thread beyond recognition :oops:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
i especially like "ar!" for "yes!" :lol:
Quote:
Decius:1np0kl0d Wrote:"du hast einen vogel" and "dir brennt der hut" is quite similar, yeah

We say- 'You're barmy', 'You're a nutjob', 'You are one sandwich short of a picnic', 'The lights are on, but no-one is at home',.

Or more recently 'You're Heather Mills' :twisted:

Sounds a lot like what we use...and a lot like what my girlfriend say to me Smile We say in the same vein 'Don't play with a full deck of cards, do ya?' 'Few bricks shy of a full load, huh?' , 'Stairs don't go all the way up', and my favorite...'Came from the shallow end of the gene pool, that boy'
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix