Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the test....
... the fact that people don't see, actually recognise, things that are "obviously" there, is not because they are stupid or don't look (ok, sometimes ;-) ) ...), but a natural "weakness" of the human brain. In cognition psychology attention is understood as a limited ressource. So an individual actively waiting for something special to happen or engaged in a complex task will be just unable to recognise objects that require conscious processing to identify. The human ability of active (conscious) processing is surprisingly small. Most of our behaviour is based on shortcuts and routines chosen and executed automatically by the brain to reduce the daily complexity. Given to their nature these mechanisms are not perfect and can result in false decisions.
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Although we may not have recognised the bear as a moon walking bear, how many peole can say the ywere not aware tha tthere were other figures in the video? Just you were concentrating on counting passses, and there for did not pidgeon hole the 'bear' as a bear. Would you still run over an object in the road just because you could not identify it? If something is body shaped.....give it a miss is my philosophy!

If it has shapely legs and has it's thumb out, check to see if it is really a girl before stopping.... :lol: :twisted:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
what I meant to say was, detecting people/objects/cars as obstacles happens automatically - identifiying them as e.g. your teacher/bear ;-) ) /police car requires conscious processing. Identification is not necessary to avoid bumping into them ... (I should have written that my post was inspired by Magnus post, who wrote of people who don't recognise his obvious police car ... under certain conditions people are - without being neglect - just not able to do so)

Quote:If it has shapely legs and has it's thumb out, check to see if it is really a girl before stopping....

... could be a bad awakening Big Grin ... but you can trust your brain in that respect, as sexually motivated stimuli are dealt with automatically without conscious control.

I remember, that a while ago a poster with a fashion model had to be removed from a roadside, since more crash's than usual happend at that site, for drivers were diverted by it
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]