Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the test....
http://www.dothetest.co.uk/

I thought this was very good!
And I do subscribe to the message. I get killed nearly every day when I cycle to my work.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Doesn't play on my machine. Is this the famous one?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Volker, don't spoil it. Edit your post.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Incredible!!! Big Grin
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Great stuff.

Jona I can sympathize, I've almost been run down countless times.
Joseph Pietrykowski
Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant
Very good! And it's very true!
ALA I BATAVORUM
I imagine this is about reckless bicycle driving?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I used to have to ride a bicycle to work, years ago. There was one stretch of road leading up to a bridge, that required me to ride in heavy traffic. The exhaust fumes really fouled up my air intake, but the worst of it was that even though I rode as close to the edge of the road as I could, it seemed like some cars tried to see how close they could get without actually hitting my handlebars. Once, the mirror on the side of a vehicle actually touched my wrist.

People don't understand that a bicycle moving at 20 mph (33 km/hr) can't stop instantly, and a handlebar tapped by a vehicle passing at twice that rate of speed will send the rider flying through the air to what could be a serious injury, or cause him to be run over by the next car in line. I'm glad I don't have to do that any more.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:And I do subscribe to the message. I get killed nearly every day when I cycle to my work.

Yeah, me too. I'm paranoid when I ride through town, and it's paid off many a time.

I didn't see the bear the first time, which I think was the point.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Joel, sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... you've given it away.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I dunno...personally it angers me when cyclists here in Ontario demand the same amount of room on a road as a car. Instead of riding single file, you'll see 2, or even 3 cyclists riding side-by-side. This is rude, discourteous to other road traffic and not to mention insanely unsafe.

As a cop I also see a TON of cyclists driving both on the sidewalk, road, without helmets, without reflectors and lights, and without a sound device. This of course is breaking the law.

I find many cyclists' attitudes are one of indifference. That tells me right off they are narrow minded and don't see the larger picture in terms of public safety (which obviously includes their own).

Having said that, about 80% of the drivers I encounter are completely out in left field. Hell, I've done stop sign enforcement, where I'm sitting about 4 car lengths from a 4 way intersection, and sure enough people don't even look, never mind notice a marked police cruiser.

But i think that's just people in general. They're stupid. Doesn't matter if they're riding a car, a bike, a horse or a broom.

Legion: TBD
Magnus, I would agree about cyclists, who tend to act as if, if you hit them because they are breaking the law in some way, or riding in an unsafe manner, it is because you are at fault.

They do all the same things you have mentioned above, except usually on roads that are a lot narrower in general, which makes them more of a hazard.

And while I admit I was focusing on counting the passes in the video, I would disagree that it makes me an unobservant driver.....
I tend to drive as if everything is an obstacle or some one who is going to step out, pull out, or swerve in front of me at all times, because, that is usually what happens, so I look out for every thing..........touch wood!

everyone can have moments of inattention, hell I've seen video of officers hitting other peoples parked cars, no one is 100% perfect.

But it always seems to me the car driver is the one who gets hammered for safety, while everyone else is the victim, including heavy goods vehicles Confusedhock: :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I dunno...personally it angers me when cyclists here in Ontario demand the same amount of room on a road as a car. Instead of riding single file, you'll see 2, or even 3 cyclists riding side-by-side.
Is that forbidden in your country? In Holland, two is allowed.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
Magnus:2uhg4kz5 Wrote:I dunno...personally it angers me when cyclists here in Ontario demand the same amount of room on a road as a car. Instead of riding single file, you'll see 2, or even 3 cyclists riding side-by-side.
Is that forbidden in your country? In Holland, two is allowed.

IF they do not not hinder the traffic.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)