Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making my own Helmet - thoughts, ideas, tips????
I did not see them :wink:
Perhaps it would be better to hang the belt 2 plates higher, as that seems to be the accepted appearance on most lorica wearers I see. I have 2 less rings of plates on mine, which forces me to hang mine directly on the lower plates, but if it was 7 or 8 plate torso, I would have it up a bit!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Cool idea! What kind of helmet did you make?

I made a celtic montefortino, I am working on a log right now for a saxon spangenhelm.
Go in peace, and may the light of Lugh shine on your path
Divitiacus: Priest and brehon of the Druid order
Commander of the Brayden Cael
(AKA Justin Hawley)
Justin,
You are in D-Town? Where at exactly? I put Detroit, but I actually live in Warren. Do you do reenactment stuff? Are you in Legion XXIV?

Quote:
Quote:Cool idea! What kind of helmet did you make?

I made a celtic montefortino, I am working on a log right now for a saxon spangenhelm.
Kevin Dopke

Marcus Lucilius Severus
Legio XXIV
Hey Kevin actually I am in Grosse Pointe, over on the lake.

I am not a member of the 24th, but I am an "associate." Our group is actually the "Brayden Cael - Iceni tribe of Michigan" we are a side group of the legion and do many events with them as well as being members of the legion XXIV production company. We are actually driving out to Castra Lafe with 24's Optio.

I do reenactment stuff, we got finished a few months ago with a long term encampment at the Michigan Rennaissance festival, and we are preparing for several event coming up in early spring.

Are you in XXIV or are you with X, or XXII?
Go in peace, and may the light of Lugh shine on your path
Divitiacus: Priest and brehon of the Druid order
Commander of the Brayden Cael
(AKA Justin Hawley)
How about some pictures of the homemade helmet? Smile
Juan Santell, no Roman name yet. Picking a name is very important and something that should not be done hastily or without much thought.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts for III Augusta Helmet (1st Century A.D.) amagee 0 827 10-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Last Post: amagee
  Tips on helmet liner or skull cap? Gaius Colletti 9 5,391 06-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Making a Roman Attic Helmet from a Corinthian helm AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 46 11,828 08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs