Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police shield wall
I remember watching the news and seeing police with round or oval shields. In a way, they weren't as dense as some of the larger shielded police. In a way they seemed to be acting almost like, auxiliary troops might have and I also noticed they had neck guards sort of like Roman helmets too! Very interesting, well a good idea is a good idea really! Doesn't matter what time period.
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Priceless, reenactors discussing a police shied wall... :roll:

That was already in "signs that you´re a reenactor" list :lol:

Now I can see that pavimenting the cities with stones bigger than a brick,as the Romans did is useful...for the police, as you can´t throw it to them! :twisted:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, we all know that that police department are noobs when it comes to re-enacting the Romans. Honestly, they're a shame and disgrace to our ancestors.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
We've got a few members who are active Police or Retired after several decades of service...They seem to do just fine and we are proud to have them in our group! 8)
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
I thought the purpose of the thread was to look at (one example of - anyone got others?) the nearest thing to a modern shield wall in action, compare it to our reconstructions & see if it sheds any informal light on our understanding of formations from the period. :?

I think that is a productive area for discussion as it has been before without getting drawn off-topic.
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
As the old adage goes, 'practice makes perfect' 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel