Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belt plates
I am going to have the wolf/twins and the emperor/cornucopia belt plates made in silver. I know that they were found in brass.

But being that silver belt plates are known (Pompeii/Herculeneum) would it then be plausible to make the ones above out of silver for my centurio impression.

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Doc, have you got shares in a silver mine, or something? Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Tarbicus,

I wish. I just like things in silver and so if there is a certain amount of precedent for something, I try to get a general opinion and if plausible then proceed.

In this case, the belt plates mentioned were found in brass. However, there were others found in silver (as mentioned above).

Therefore, since I will have the plumata Erik Schmid is making for me, I figured that a centurion who could buy that could have things made in any fashion he likes. Thus being a precedent for silver belt plates I would like to take a popular design (wolf/twins and emperor/cornucopia) and make it in silver.

I just thought I'd ask and see what everyone else thinks

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Roman Belt with mixed plates models. Rado 15 5,825 08-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Tinning belt plates 2biggij 9 3,313 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Value of belt plates and parts Latinitas 9 2,560 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius