Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sculpture from Volterra Museum
Quote:When i use imperial gallic helmets or coolus, i always cross the leathers before pass into the cheekguards. So the leather pass to the oposite cheekpiece than the point where it comes from the neckguard. In this way, the subjection is stronger than if you put it directly in the cheekpiece from the point of subjection of the neckguard.

It's the same way used by Peroni, but with the other cheekpieces subjection sistem.

I do so too, but I have changed the original narrow straps for wider ones attached to the neck ring in a similar manner than those of Peroni, they are more confortable to use like this...
Israel M. Sánchez

Mulae Marii- Legio VIIII Hispana
Bringing this thread back from the past (a thread that rambled between Montefortino's plume-holders and cheek-pieces), I am interested in the Entella relief cited in the first page of the thread. The image was posted back then, but it has been lost. Does someone have it there so i can see it? Thanks!
Eduardo Vázquez

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Montefortino Pictures from Volterra, Bologna... tiberius aemilius naso 5 1,534 01-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Last Post: tiberius aemilius naso