Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldest samples of writing in Macedonia
Quote:There is a saying my grandma used to say.
''when you dont speak up, they burry you alive''

Its about this, not about fear. There are thousands of people around the globe that believe ''breaking new discoveries'' that are not supported by evidences. At the best case fragments of proven biased sources are used and theories. And everything is cool with theories as long as they are not ''sold'' to the masses as proofs.

There is my personal issue. I want some good clues at least. Or else i will listen and read everything on the subject just as i read and listen theories about the electromagnetic fields of temples, the landing zones of flying machines, the etymology of ''Argo'' in order to mean a flying ship, the use of ''thunders to repel Gauls from Delphoi and the raygun of Ehetlaios in battle of Marathon...
There are people that can talk for hours about those basing their theories on sources also... :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: smart smart! 8)

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Hey I like that idea that not all mak tribes were mak but also Prygians if not all.... PS: that would never happen Smile

I remember a Byzan ruler who was before of the half Mak dinasty of Romanos Basil etc... I recall that he called his dinasty the Prygians, from where he was?...Was his name Michael?

but then the phrygians lived later by the name of Bithynians & Armenians?

does some one find out if the language had close relationship with the mak?

[size=150:4azrmd2w]Edited:[/size] never mind Michael was from Phrygia from a mix family of Jewish & Cappadocian

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:
Idomeneas:317dngtp Wrote:What i think as ''odd'' is that while there are not finds of a language or culture other than Greek in Macedonia some scholars are trying to present ''grey areas'' and the existance of a ''Macedonian'' culture other than Greek.
I think that there are two discussions which have become hopelessly intertwined. (a) The rise of ancient Macedonia, which has certain unGreek characteristics and was not always recognized as Greek - a subject that scholars may investigate; (b) the strange theory that the unGreek element of ancient Macedonia was in fact Slav, as proposed from the late nineteenth century, and revived by marshal Tito in an attempt to obtain Thessaloniki. Whatever the origin of the inhabitants of the FYROM, the ethnogenesis of them is medieval - a combination of Byzantine system collapse and settlers with a different, Slav language.

What worries me, is that if you start discussing (a), Greek nationalists immediately accuse you of (b). Since I wrote a book about Alexander the Great, I get hate mail from Greece nearly every week. Remarkable, because the book was written in Dutch and they cannot possibly know what I said.

Good post, Jona.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)