Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman scale armor and modern "dragonskin" body arm
Got a link?
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
naaa, I'm not that concerned with stirring it up, just recall it was mentioned a few times, regarding parade armour etc...
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Modern armour is really advanced huh? They have high tech ceramic composites and its held together with......glue. Any advancements in materials tech I guess hasn't been shared in practicality. Its not like its a big mystery that quite a bit of the majority of modern combat has been in desert environments, but they have the suit held together with glue that comes undone in temperatures that represent the average temperature on a moderately warm day. Where is the middle ground here when it comes to discussing the subject? It seems like everyone either totes it as futuristic super armour or says its crud. Personally, I'm not overly impressed yet.
Derek D. Estabrook
Actually the dragonskin armor is made by a private contractor and not approved by the US military, even though it has been bought privately by soldiers. Anyone can make armor for use, but will it actually be useful?
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scale Armor & Accuracy markusaurelius 160 37,679 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Roman scale armor Vexillation 7 2,301 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Last Post: FarDarter
  Scale Armor with sleeves... markusaurelius 9 4,318 05-29-2011, 04:37 PM