Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making one piece Tongue Pteruges
Ave,

Unlike Hollywood Movies, the overwhelming vast majority of the time that Tongue Pteruges are seen in ancient sculpture, they are shown as being cut from one single piece of material… nearly never as separate individual pieces.

I struggled quite a bit with this but in the end, this is how I resolved to make them one piece.

I still have to sew them onto my subarmalis and add my appliqués but, I think I was able to match up the one piece look.

[Image: TP-1.jpg]

The statues also do not show a Tongue Pteruges seam at the sides so, I added more templates, and cut the leather as one very long belt that will wrap around my waist and when I sew it to my Sub Armor, the seam will be at the back.

[Image: TP-2.jpg]

[Image: aIMG_7559.jpg]

I am going to add a second layer of Tongue Pteruges with scorpions. I have animal heads for the top row.
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]
These are shots of my Tongue Pteruges, cut to shape, and with the second layer added, as I'm getting ready to add the appliques to the top layer.

The tape is to help me get everything all lined up so I can punch holes in the Pteruges to affix the appliques.

[Image: aIMG_7584.jpg]

[Image: aIMG_7645.jpg]

[Image: aIMG_7585.jpg]
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]
I think for your rank Anthony, you're on the money. Nice applique's btw.

A laudes point!

Legion: TBD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do-Da\'s on Tongue Pteruges Vitruvius 14 3,013 06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Vitruvius
  Making Pteruges (or at least trying to make Pteruges!) AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 141 48,429 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Last Post: madoc
  Where\'s the seam on the tongue Pteruges? (Subarmalis) AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 21 7,788 10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Last Post: C. Apollonius Priscus