Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek Corinthian helmet suppliers
Hello,

Looking for a good reproduction Greek Corinthian helmet manufacturer. Affordable price yet accurate. Does anyone know of some suppliers that I can buy a good helmet from?
Let your warriors be your shield, and your horse be your saviour, for I will live to see another fight another day.
That depends of what you think is "affordable" :mrgreen:

Manning Imperial has got some very excellent ones, as got Nix Imperial. Deepeeka's too, but I believe their crests are a bit off quality.
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
Thanks for that. Affordable in the $400 price range. Cheaper and they get 'nasty'. I have seen manning imperial but am wanting a supplier that does not have a year's waiting time. Wanting something sooner if possible!
What do you think of albion armouries? http://www.albion-swords.com/armor/gree ... nthian.htm

To me it looks ok.
Let your warriors be your shield, and your horse be your saviour, for I will live to see another fight another day.
Check out the Deepeeka Late Corinthian ( confusingly called early by Albion ) - it's cheaper than Albion, and for mine is a nicer shape......(their crests are hopleless though)
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
In Australia, where could I pick up a deepeeka helmet?
Tim, this might help:
http://www.esford.com/armouryhelmets.htm
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
...Virilis has beaten me to it !
Esford are here in Brisbane and can get any Deepeeka stock for you, if they don't already hold it ( and they usually have several of the Deepeeka Corinthians in stock).....be careful to specify the model number you want.
You'll find Colin Tribe and his wife, who run Esford very helpful !! Smile D
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
How should the crests look?

I am wanting a good helmet for a spartan impression. Is this helmet (3rd one down...italo corinthian) one ok? http://www.esford.com/armouryhelmets.htm
It is OK. Just if you get it,don't call it Italocorinthian,because it isn't.The chalkidic is also OK,and with some modification becomes better.And the "spartan's" early corinthian, that is not nessecarily "Spartan", is good,too. In most re-enactors you will see the "Italocorinthian" one,partly because it was the first deepeeka made. If you have to chose from those three,I'd go for the third one(and I'd probably paint the cheak guards black or deep red.In this particulat helmet it creates a better effect 8) )
Crest boxes should have the same hight all along.Deepeeka's are higher to the front, and very ugly.
Khaire
Giannis

PS. Btw, manning has two years waiting time. That's how much I will have to wait for mine. But it deserves it!
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
I have a XXl noggin and thus the Deepeka stuff was never possible. Albion's is a great helmet, and fits me. So it was my first and foremost choice. Best Wishes.

Cordially,

Michael
Mediocris Ventvs Qvod Seqvax Maris

Michael

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a new Greek Corinthian helmet, any ideas? Achilleion 2 1,905 01-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Achilleion
  The corinthian helmet on horseback? Steakslim 5 2,025 12-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite
  Modifying a Depeeka Corinthian Helmet Tim Mathews 11 5,136 07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius