Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the Spartans have been Jews?
Funny you should say that about the Japanese. The Northern natives of Japan are a white race. The modern Japanese are believed to be intermixed with the white natives. I haven't researched it much myself though the skin coloration of a lot of Japanese does tend to make this not unbelievable. Unfortunately, in a brief search on the subject a moment ago the subject seems to be tainted in a lot of racism nonsense. Things making it seem that the success of the Japanese over other Asian countries is due to their superior genetics. :roll: Nothing to do with American influence of course. No, not that at all.
Derek D. Estabrook
Hmmm, possibly there is a way to solve this dilemma!
If the Spartens came first, then it is possible the Jews were Spartans, and there for the other way around would be impossible! See? Easy when you think about it!! Tongue lol: :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:The Northern natives of Japan are a white race. The modern Japanese are believed to be intermixed with the white natives. I haven't researched it much myself though the skin coloration of a lot of Japanese does tend to make this not unbelievable.

Oddly enough, the "white" Ainu are even less closely related to europeans than the Asians. The Ainu are thought to be descended from the same migration that represents Aboridginal australians. Some think this group also first entered the new world. Skin color turns out to be an unreliable marker.

I have read that Ainu DNA is higher in the Samurai class than expected. It seems that many Samurai got that way by fighting off the Ainu tribes early on and must have picked up women as well. Since the Ainu were not linked to europeans, this doesn't help the racists. :wink:
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"
Very true and good information, but you can always trust racist groups to be calm, rational people who value logic and who weigh information carefully to only use validated material and avoid unfair stereotypes. Confusedhock: :roll: I think skin color is all that matters to most racist groups I've seen.
Derek D. Estabrook
The Ainu were reported to have red hair, I think. Also the first inhabitants of the Americas, who were driven south but the next wave of migration...
I believe there are still a few remanents in the very southern tip of Chile?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Quote:What am I going to read or hear next that we are closely related to the Japanese?

That depends on what you mean by close. Norhtern asians, which includes most Japanese, are closer to greeks (westerners in general) than they are to southern Asians or Africans. So yes, you are closer to a Japanese person than more than perhaps half the people on earth.

There is a new paper out on Greek Y chromosomal DNA by King, purportingly linking types to ancient migrations if anyone is interested.

That is very interesting and its the first time that I have heard of that one. Do you have a link? Thanks
Peter Frapedopoulos

GreekHistoryForums
I've moved this to OT because.... :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews and Romans Anonymous 10 3,565 02-08-2002, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Anonymous