Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT meetup in Ohio?
Hi all,
From just before Christmas until the first few days of January, Christy (Satsobek) and I will be hanging out in central Ohio. Can't speak for Christy, but I'm always up for an impromptu RAT meetup. Who has time/inclination?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper

Darn I live way in the North by Lake Erie...probably 5 to 6 hrs way...

What kind of stuff you do with RAT fellas on these meetings? Smile

will you bring Tarquin with you? :lol:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I reside in the next state to the west, Indiana, and a meeting may be possible.
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
Hi Gioi,
Mostly we eat, drink and talk a lot about stuff. Confusedhock: And I doubt it's that far. 5 hours driving tooks us to Buffalo. We'll be on the eastern side of Columbus, if that helps coordinate.
No, the ferrets will stay here. Much safer than having them run around an airplane (although it'd be fun!)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:No, the ferrets will stay here. Much safer than having them run around an airplane (although it'd be fun!)

You read the book. Now see the movie.

Ferrets on a plane

Coming to your theatre this Christmas.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
:lol:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Hi Gioi,
Mostly we eat, drink and talk a lot about stuff. Confusedhock: And I doubt it's that far. 5 hours driving tooks us to Buffalo. We'll be on the eastern side of Columbus, if that helps coordinate.
No, the ferrets will stay here. Much safer than having them run around an airplane (although it'd be fun!)

Aaah Tarquin stay...hahaha you are a good Dad! :lol:

Colombus is not that far from me, its only 2 hrs! Smile

I can stop by & have a coffee with you both.. Like you I can't not say if Haydee would come...man she is so funny...but Alexander our son make our life impossible... so she probably stay with them....

Oh!... wait a minute.... I have a good excuse!!!... a co-worker of my wife live in Colombus... she resently had a baby...so I can say I can come & kill two birds in one shot Tongue

Glad you both like games 8)

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:Aaah Tarquin stay...hahaha you are a good Dad!
Actually they (Tarquin and Lucy whom we got later) are going to a ferret hotel, also known as the crazy ferret lady Big Grin )
Yeah, let's see if we can meetup somewhere. I know there are other Ohio or nearby based RATers too! How far is central Ohio for you, Lee?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:How far is central Ohio for you, Lee?
I'm 3 hours west of Columbus, Ohio. Send me an address and the dates when you'll be in the states and I'm sure that we could arrange a get-together.
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
Would love to come Jasper...timing is junk though.

Gioi, where in Pennsylvania are you? Erie isn't that far from me, relatively speaking.

Legion: TBD
Aw, wish I'd known sooner as I'll be in Chicago during those days, and it wouldn't be much trouble to take the train to Ohio before I head back to Canada. But it's too late to change my plans now. Sad
Have a great time everyone!
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Jasper I am always game! Bring me some of those pink Dutch cookies!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Dutch cookies? Help me?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Would love to come Jasper...timing is junk though.

Gioi, where in Pennsylvania are you? Erie isn't that far from me, relatively speaking.

No Magnus, I live in Cleveland, 5 minutes by car I reach the southern part of Lake Erie Smile

[Image: direction_map.gif]

================================================
BTW:...Jasper, if there is a Mall nearby in Central Ohio, I think we all should meet there... if we ask directions, anyone there should know the Mall.
that way the snow or wether shouldn't be a problem...

But I'm up to any ideas or decitions.

I suppose we could meet in Easton (eastside of Columbus), large shopping area with one of the biggest Barnes & Nobles in the US.

Oh, Paul, I think I know which ones you mean. Well, if you come all the way out to Columbus, I'll bring you some.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT Meetup late April (Buffalo NY area) Praefectusclassis 46 7,374 05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Q Rutilius
  Latin Meetup richsc 7 1,851 05-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom