Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latin Meetup
Is it just me or does everyone suddenly have a "Latin Meetup" icon on their EZBoard with the other forum notices? <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yes Rich,<br>
I've already noticed it. What the heck is that? (no time left to investigate it by myself, sorry...)<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Checked it out, it is the International Latin Meetup Day on June 7:<br>
<br>
"Wanna do as the Romans do (or did)? Meetup with other local Classical Latin students, perhaps even scholars, to learn, brush up or speak the language."<br>
<br>
Well boys & girls, get out the ol' Latin dictionary!<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 5/8/04 5:39 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Meetup is a relatively new service whereby adherents of various hobbies/interests/political leanings can get together. It's seen a lot of use in the US in organizing grass-roots political campaigns. Each topic (in this case Latin) has a certain date each month, and the members in each city vote on a meeting location for each month. <p></p><i></i>
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Certainly sounds like something WE could do, a RAT Meetup project. I wonder if this would work to help get farflung RATers together. Thoughts?<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I see London and Toronto listed, but mostly US cities. Otherwise, not a bad idea and at least would expand the topic into the meetup.com domain.<br>
<br>
www.meetup.com/ <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I'm now interfacing w/ the Meetup staff to see if we can start a RAT meetup program. I'll let you all know what I find out.<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Aha,<br>
<br>
so what is the latin version of "when are we going to eat?" <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT meetup in Ohio? Praefectusclassis 39 8,212 04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  RAT Meetup late April (Buffalo NY area) Praefectusclassis 46 7,185 05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Q Rutilius