Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoes for your lady
Salvete omnes,

Has anyone followed up on retailing these shoes?

Gratias

Optime valete
Tiberius Horatius Barbatus
(Robb Jackson)
[size=75:18wrbpcn]Immunes Adiutore Cornicularium[/size]
Legio III Cyrenaica

[Image: cyrenaicastdard.jpg]
Yes, Our order is ready, we are awaiting delivery.
Okay, I didn't see them on your website.
Tiberius Horatius Barbatus
(Robb Jackson)
[size=75:18wrbpcn]Immunes Adiutore Cornicularium[/size]
Legio III Cyrenaica

[Image: cyrenaicastdard.jpg]
For your info, for what I know, the American side of these shoes has gone to Rusty, as he indicated he would carry these. I am awaiting my final version as well and will pass "judgement" on recieval.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
yes, we have some on order, no idea when we will get them in hand
Very good work, Robert. Thanks from all of us for taking the time to develop these.

Laudes.

Regards,

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."
Thanks for the praise, Edge! :oops: No problem. It is great fun doing the research and getting some good, previously unavailable, products out for all to enjoy. Am presently working on a well balanced sword based on some Nijmegen finds and some really good, accurate arrowheads. As I will not be seeking dealership, for me it is OK if things take a while to get right, although I do get impatient at times. I am glad DSC wanted to try these shoes, the results so far seem pretty much up to par. I have sent them some other pictures, so they may be adding to this line shortly. No prototypes as yet, but they seem to have been very busy filling the Christmas orders. Will keep you all informed as things develop.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
Hi Robert,

congratulations and laus on your efforts! The shoes look very good from what I can tell from the picture you posted above! IMO one of the best pair of Roman shoes you can buy off the shelf. Are they nailed as well?
The only thing I would advise to get changed if possible is the lack of a heel stiffener (at least it looks as though the stiffener were missing on the picture) - certainly would help the shoe a lot to keep its form over continued use.

cheers,

Martin
Hi Martin,

I bow to your contributions to RAT and am totaly humbled by your great work on leather.
The original did not have a heel stiffener preserved and was definitly not nailed. I am sure a heel stiffener could be added, but I kept the original design as close to the Welzheim original as possible.
Next will be a high, nailed late 2de century boot, I hope. Is there any interest for something like that? I like the mid-Roman period
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
Hi Robert,

thanks for your answer!

Quote:The original did not have a heel stiffener preserved and was definitly not nailed.

Ah, ok - serves me right :-) )
I should have read up on my material before posting :-P P
I promise I'll do my homework over the weekend and adjust my critique accordingly!
Ooooo! I like those shoes! Smile Definitely something I want to acquire.

Rutilia
If you have peace in your land,
You will have health in your hand.

mka Siani Overstreet
Very nice I wanna a pair for my S.O.
Valete,
Owain/Cicero
a.k.a. Dave Kufner

QUI DESIDERAT PACEM PRAEPARAT BELLUM

<a class="postlink" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/
Salve Martin!

No problem whatsoever. Your question was totaly justified. I stated the heelstiffener was not preserved, but the shoe could have had one, all the same. If it was glued in, there would be no way of telling, I presume.

Oh, and while you are doing your homework, could you have a look at the data for the high boot. I took some pictures at the Saalburg, where they have a lot of the material on display, but any info is welcome.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
Quote:Very nice I wanna a pair for my S.O.

I'm sure your Senior Officer will be.....pleased?..... :twisted:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Robert,

Quote:Oh, and while you are doing your homework, could you have a look at the data for the high boot. I took some pictures at the Saalburg, where they have a lot of the material on display, but any info is welcome.

Have you got more precise info on what boot you are thinking about? Also, do you have access to the publication of the Saalburg shoe material (A.L. Busch, Die römerzeitlichen Schuh- und Lederfunde der Kastelle Saalburg, Zugmantel und Kleiner Feldberg. Saalburg Jahrb. 22, 1965, 158-210)?