Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Romaniam
If you think I am bad mouthing the Romans, you are gravely mistaken. I am someone with very strong opinions, some people find my opinions a little under studyed, but thats why they change so frequently. I have more respect for Rome and their people than any other region on earth, even my own country. If my comments or opinions are a little unclear, I will gladly clear them up, but this is not the place, please feel free to ask any questions about clarity by email [email protected] Or even aolim kslice2k2. Sorry for any confusion<br>
<br>
Peace<br>
<br>
Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus <p></p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Titus...... your comment.........<br>
<br>
proves me right after all.............<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p><span style="color:yellow;font-family:times new roman;font-size:medium;">M.VIB.M.<br>
V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</span></p><i></i>
May I politely suggest that we all go back and read the rules for posting? This is not the place for name-calling and trying to "stir up" anyone.<br>
<br>
Thank you <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
You are absolutely right!<br>
<br>
by the way this forum romanum discussion....<br>
<br>
is there any organisation in Rome at the moment which wants to excavate more of the ancient city??<br>
<br>
are there rules and or guidelines for this?<br>
<br>
and if so, what are they?<br>
<br>
regds...<br>
<br>
<p><span style="color:yellow;font-family:times new roman;font-size:medium;">M.VIB.M.<br>
V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</span></p><i></i>
As far as I know there are always excavations going on in Rome. When they're through excavating a layer they go to the next ione below. The point being to reach the original ground level.<br>
Eventually we should be able to get almost the whole picture at almost all periods. <p></p><i></i>
<br>
Maurinus,<br>
<br>
Insulting it's not allowed in this forum, so, even if you don't, I stick to the rules.<br>
<br>
BUT, your bad offence to the Italians is not forgot and I add that if you have not the courage to apologize, be silent.<br>
<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
<br>
And now to something completely different...<br>
<br>
Titus, could you write me an email ?( [email protected] )<br>
<br>
I need some advice for a visit to Rome concerning the Roman army. It would be very nice if you could help me.<br>
<br>
Flavius Promotus<br>
<br>
PS: since the Visigoths did leave only very few traces in Italy, calling the Italians 'descendants of barbarians' is about as strange as calling the English 'Frenchmen', just because the Norman elite spoke French for a couple of centuries... <p></p><i></i>
Florian Himmler (not related!)
"Italians are not Romans... they are a mixture of visigoths and other barbarian tribes...."<br>
<br>
Now you all speak to me about Ethnic stuff... insults.. apologise, or taste my gladius....<br>
<br>
first.... taste your own gladius before threatening me with silly remarks like that....or start wearing Fasces with pride... I do not like to apologise for any assertion of mine....<br>
<br>
I too am a descendant of a barbarians, as are we all!!!.. We all walked around in animal skin a few thousand years ago...... when I say barbarian tribes, i do not mean that as an insult.... it is the same as when i would call someone a pagan.... whatever religion or philosophy he or she clings on to.. even the ancient religion...<br>
<br>
it is impossible to say that Romans are a genetic species, and I never said anything of the sort....<br>
<br>
No European is Roman these days...... Rome was an idea... a Thought, a system that worked and governed Europe for a very long time..... There are no Romans anymore, and even during the Roman empire there did not exist an ethnic species which was Roman......<br>
<br>
so bury your hatchets, and start thinking scientifically, in stead of emotionally....<br>
<br>
I myself rather think with my head than heart....<br>
<br>
back to the Forum discussion i'd say.....<br>
<br>
and if I want to critisize any government for being disregarding their archeological history, I will freely do so..since on my trips i have seen enough lack of maintenance on Roman ruins and also finds laying about in museums, preserved totally the wrong way, and thus, being damaged to the point of no return!......<br>
<br>
ROMANI MEMENTO..<br>
PACISQvE IMPONERE MOREM<br>
ET DEBELLARE SUPERBOS....<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
<br>
Don't hide yourself behind a finger...<br>
<br>
Scientifically, emotionally? Oh yeees, I see a lot of "Science" in that malicious "Italians are not Romans" seasoned with that senseless HEHEHEHEHE...<br>
<br>
Have the courage to apologize for a wrong behaviour and I'll respect you again... If not you comment yourself.<br>
<br>
Titus<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

ROMANI MEMENTO..<br>
PACISQvE IMPONERE MOREM<br>
PARCERE SvBIECTIS...<br>
ET DEBELLARE SUPERBOS....<br>
<br>
ET NvNC........ AD DISCvTIO!!!<br>
<br>
V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</span></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=marcvsvibivsmavrinvs>MARCvS VIBIvS MAvRINvS</A> at: 6/8/04 10:21 am<br></i>
Guys,<br>
<br>
stop the name-calling and stuff and get back on-topic or this thread will be closed.<br>
<p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings -- they did it by killing all those who opposed them.<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
<br>
Jeroen, since this is one of the "classic" cases of insult to a whole people that MUST disappear in a forum like this, please don't say "guys" but "guy": I've never insulted anyone here, but my people and so me too, were and it's not the first time...<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

<br>
Maurinus, leave Virgilius in peace...<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Quote:</em></strong><hr>Gnaeus, can you only imagine how many tourists come in Roma? If any tourist asked for a "tailored" treatment what do you guess it should happen? Or you pretend that all the Forum staff and security make as your and your buddy nurses aftertime, to satisfy your whims?<hr><br>
<br>
Aquilius, just to clearify something about this statement you made. Being from a different society can sometimes impact you on how you do things in other countries. That is one of those things. I do not expect to recieve special treatment here in the united states, or over in Rome, or anywhere. Im just not used to people being so strict about closing times. That is all. And any apologies to any ethnic conflicts that I may have made, since that is what this thread has seemingly evolved into. So please if someone made an insulting comment, even if it was not meant as an insult, be a man and just say you are sorry, or that you meant no harm by your comment. I do not want one of my threads closed for breaking the rules, even if I did not break them. <p></p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
<br>
<br>
Sorry........<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>