Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized
But you're not a Roman. You're an American (excuse me if you're not in the US) citizen. There are no Romans anymore. This to me is no different than dissillusioned people caught up in hollywood romanticised renditions of Samurai or Medieval Knights, believing that if they read the Hagakure, or the Bushido Code, that they can be modern Samurai. It's worse when they get a wake-up call once they begin to pursue japanese swordsmanship, or other traditional budo arts. The fact is there are no more Samurai, just as there are no more Romans in the sense you are trying to reincarnate.

While you're not forcing anyone to do anything, you must have certain regulations and procedures which must be followed and upheld if you join your group, correct? Since this isn't something you do as a hobby part time, i can only assume that it's a way of life. Those not following your "code" therefore are not part of the club. Those who break your rules are subject to punishement of some kind no?

You don't speak latin, you don't wear Roman clothes, and don't worship Roman Gods...yet you claim to be a Roman. Am I missing something here?

Again, it seems you're taking what is conveniant for you, out of what you've interpreted to be a "Roman", and giving it that label, when what you are doing isn't being a Roman at all, since it's quite physically impossible, not to mention a bit odd. I think the reason you don't have people flocking to your banner is because most people realize this.
Confusedhock:

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Magnus - 10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 10-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Roman Politics - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Re: Roman Politics - by Chris Weimer - 10-20-2006, 06:12 PM
generic links - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 11:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the political system of the Roman Republic unique? Corvus 3 2,068 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus