Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Back Plate Question on Segmentata
I am working on a suit of Segmentata (Corbridge type A) and have run into a problem. I am using the patterens from the Legion XX site.

The top back plate where it attaches to the middle collar plate is shown cut at an angle. When I put together my paper mock up the plate didnt really fit correctly and created a decent sized gap. It seems stupid that this plate would be cut at an angle. I see no reason why it cant just be cut straight.

While I was looking at some other pictures on the Legion XX site it shows the top black plate cut straight where it attaches to the mid collar plate.

So is the plate supposed to be cut straight or at an angle? And if its supposed to be cut at an angel, why?

Heres a link to the patteren from the Legion XX site. The plate I am talking about is the top back plate. The cut in question is the one with the hinge on it.
http://www.larp.com/legioxx/lorA1.gif

Thanks for you help

Lee

Messages In This Thread
Top Back Plate Question on Segmentata - by Grumio - 07-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Buried as an offering? - by richard - 07-18-2005, 02:40 AM
top back plate - by Hibernicus - 07-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Segmentata waist plate length variations. Titus Marius Secundus 6 1,623 12-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius
  Newstead segmentata question Martin Moser 9 3,211 03-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Chuck Russell
  Bari cuirass? is there a back plate extant? richard robinson 3 1,528 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Last Post: richard robinson