Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accurate but affordable custom helmet?
(03-14-2019, 06:53 PM)Batavian Wrote: I don't know much about White Rose Armoury, but their work looks nice and their prices seem ok. Can you see on the outside that it's a two or three piece helmet? And what do you guys think about the Roman helmets that they're showing on this page?

If its well done I dont think you should be able to tell if its pieces welded together or not except maybe from the inside, the main difference would be it should be a custom fit and likely much thicker material then a spun helmet would be.... they look fine too me, though I dont claim any special knowledge on the type.

just my 2cents...

Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accurate but affordable custom helmet? - by Crispianus - 03-16-2019, 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom made helmet Marc 20 3,954 02-10-2022, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Feinman
  Historically accurate julius Caesar helmet Jake2993 33 6,650 12-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Sextus Saturninus
  Another custom Deepeeka Gallic helmet! Martin Wallgren 8 2,684 04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Last Post: sulla felix