Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak
Thank you those pictures Brian. Now I know what I am looking for. Initially I thought that there were 2 parts to these closures, technically there is, a button hole. I like the idea of a small button hole just the other side if the hem on the front of the cloak. This would show the material pulling if close enough to the seam I think.
Looking at Brian's most recent pic of Mr Camomile St, it looks from that distance that there could possibly be up to 5 fittings.
That's another discussion for another time.
Kevin.

Thought I would edit rather than start new post.....How about this for an idea......A small patch of leather sewn under the left side, as we look at it, the Button being sewn only to the leather patch close to the hem/seam. A Button hole made just in from the seam./hem on both sides. The Button goes through the right hand one first then back through the left. This would then let the Button sit central to the seam/hem/join and keep it tight together.....I will try this when I have made some Buttons to see if it works.
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak - by kevin mills - 03-22-2015, 04:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloak- Pass for Paenula? Ironhand 14 2,933 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ironhand
  deepeka gallicus g OR h/hamata button tortous 11 2,410 01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Peroni
  Lacing loop help! emj1s 16 3,694 09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius