Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum for Ancient Reenactment
I saw this and thought that I would post it. I am happy Mr. Lanteigne will finally have his own forum to post on. I wish him luck.
Marsh

This was posted on Edge Gibbon's list:

Quote:I've tried to hit everyone I can think of who's personal emails I have....

The time has come...

There is a new forum for ancient reenactment, called "FAR". Forum for Ancient Reenactment. Pretty original eh?

The forum is now up and running. This forum is different from RAT, or Armour Archive, or MyArmoury.com etc. It is geared towards us. It is geared towards N. American reenactors and how we do things. How we run events, how we participate, how we make gear.

This forum will not have elitist attitudes, it will not have cliques. Not everyone will be on the same level in terms of knowledge, skills, or equipment. That is OK. We've all met each other at some point, and we are all friends. This is the attitude and atmosphere I want to foster. I want to trade knowledge about every facet of reenacting that is absent on other forums.

Check over each section...there is a sticky at the top explaining what each one is for, as well as a small description under the forum area title. Read the rules section (they aren't long, don't worry).

When you register, you have to be approved by a staff member. At the bottom of the profile registration page, please add in your unit (if applicable), and your location, or who recommended the site to you (if applicable). Also, you must use your real name as a forum name. UNTIL YOU REGISTER, the only visible section is the "What's new" area, but they cannot be accessed. Only registered members can view it.

I have missed people in this mailing list...probably entire groups. PLEASE spread the word. I know I've missed the chicago legions, and III Cyrenaica, and probably others. If you have FB, spread the word there...but do so directly via private message.

This forum will contain only N. American members...at least for the first while.
So, without further delay...

http://ancientreenacting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Matt Lanteigne
Sometimes known as "Lorny" or "Magnus"
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by jkaler48 - 06-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Caballo - 06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Agrimensor - 06-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Magnus - 06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Agrimensor - 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Magnus - 06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by richard - 06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Caballo - 06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Magnus - 06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Magnus - 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by richard - 06-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Re: Forum for Ancient Reenactment - by Caballo - 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wall Street Journal on ancient reenactment richsc 16 3,518 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Wikipedia: List of ancient reenactment groups Gaius.Cornelius 11 4,979 09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Magnus