Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spatha
I have been looking into stone hilted swords, pommels or complete handles. I have found other than references to them very few pictures are around Sad So I have made a example from various sources and I hope I have captured the feel of this type Big Grin the guard is made from jade, the grip is antler and the pommel is marble, it is still in the thinking stage the ballance is very good I have used bone as spacers between the shoulders and pommel nut to stop cracking the material as one pommel has already broke in too Confusedad: I am looking at a Roman blade that has been altered in Barbarian hands like some of the Vimose finds so I will be doing Roman/Barbarian scabbard fittings but again still in thought stage Big Grin

[Image: P7291566.jpg]

[Image: P7291562.jpg]

Hope you enjoy Big Grin Will post as I do the rest of the sword Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spatha - by brennivs - tony drake - 07-30-2011, 01:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Hilted Albion Tiberius Blade with New Scabbard Pointer 0 473 12-22-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  1st, 2nd or 3rd Century Roman Spatha Development Pointer 0 858 02-05-2018, 07:26 AM
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,393 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM