Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caesar\'s Gallic War in a french comics adaptation
I like the drawings Vincent, good work!
I can see you did your homework on the celts also.
Never the less I would like to say: If it comes to the Celtic armor and weapons, try to stick more to the real Late La Tene stuff. To me that means more (Agen) Port style and coolus helmets without extra's like cheekplates and such. Also the Celtic cavalry could do with longer parallel egded swords instead of the leaveblad (bronsage) types...
About the shields I would advice to find decorations, that fit the timeperiod alltough that would be difficult. On the otherhand, I think it would be good to gif groups of Celts a sort of uniformity keeping in mind the idea of one nobelmen to a couple of servants that would accompany him on the battlefield. So for a group of Celts that could mean one shield decoration with a whole lot of variation on the same idea, givving the noblemen a more ellaborate deco, then the servants...
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC

Messages In This Thread
Re: Caesar\'s Gallic War in a french comics adaptation - by Folkert van Wijk - 10-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caius Trebonius in book Caesar\'s Gallic Wars JeffF 2 2,013 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Last Post: JeffF
  Ancient Rome in comics rononmaximus 11 12,966 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: IGNATIUS LARRASUS PROFUTURUS
  Marvel Comics: Iliad Jona Lendering 20 6,914 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Wander