Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Thracian Tube-and-Yoke corselet
Quote:On careful examination of the 'original/blown up' photos, measuring indicates the 'wrapover' panel matches the underneath one almost exactly in shape and size. I think you'll find that the two pteryges on the 'wrapover' piece neatly stagger, so as to cover the two gaps on the three pteryges beneath.

See the attched image below. I think it probable that only the first pterygite on the left hand panel overlapped between the two on the right hand panel. Note in my image I have them overlapping inside-out as well so that you can see the underpanel which I edged in yellow. The right panel is flat on top, so if it was equal in height to the center-chest panel, it would not fit under the arm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Unusual Thracian Tube-and-Yoke corselet - by PMBardunias - 02-03-2011, 12:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube and Yoke Term Adventurous Artisan 11 3,578 10-31-2021, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Crispianus