Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia
Here is the orig. description from the Museum Novo mesto to the items in grave Verdun, nr. 1:
[Image: NOVO-MESTO2387_kopija.jpg]

The links of this fotos i posted here 8 months ago. See on the fotos of the Nr.: Novo mesto 2389; Novo mesto 2388.
All graves are plain graves, not burned graves.
Watch on the roman character of the graves and on the bented iron sword(s) in celtic tradition.

Jens wrote: """ (Idrija) Idria pri Baci, Verdun (Novo Mesto), Slovenia, Tomb 1 is dated 0-50 AD based on fibulae. The grave contained a gladius and a conical umbo which may hint at an auxiliary infantry soldier. """ (etc)

Please, be careful: the Idrija pri Baci is different cemetery as the Verdun (=Verdun pri Stopicah). The items from Idrija pri Baci are in different museums, most of them in Ljubljana; the items from cemetery Verdun are in vitrinas on my fotos and they are all from the museum in Novo mesto.
The tomb 1 description is here on the foto; the fotos of this description i posted ab. 8 months ago here.
Well, after 8 months i changed again my opinion, wich helmet i shall to use for my impression of the grave Verdun nr. 37.
I posted here in paralelle thread that i shall use the Gallic A.
after this posting i changed my opinion and i was thinking, the roman variante of helmet typus "Novo mesto" made of bronze will be good. It cames from another cemetery: Strmec near Bela cerkev = Mihovo area. It is the helmet from Mihovo, because in that grave was the roman gladius. Actualy it goes both typus of helmets: the bronze-variante of typus Novo mesto and Imperial A aswell. The Gallic D is to late for the older grave in Verdun, it is "my" wanted grave nr. 37, it is dated in Augusteian time ab. 20-0 timeframe.
The Gallic D is to late variante for this timeframe but the Gallic A goes.
I will order it next year in Germany, made by indivudual ordering "for my head" and the sword, too. I am working now at the moment on new Ha D3 impression for our museums presentation in NMS museum Ljubljana on the 16th of June; i don't have so much money for ordering all this staff and i must to wait some months for working on my classical late latene impressions.... Sad

Joze
I like LH

Messages In This Thread
Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Marcus Mummius - 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Tim Edwards - 01-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Tim Edwards - 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Peroni - 01-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by arminius - 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by arminius - 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Peroni - 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by arminius - 02-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Joze - 09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Re: Imperial Gallic D, Slovenia - by Joze - 05-27-2012, 04:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imperial Gallic J - Robinson's mistake? Konstantin Ankilov 6 2,426 01-24-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Militarus
  Roman helmets: Imperial Gallic/Italic and Ridge - comparisons and sources CaesarAugustus 92 18,662 12-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
  Imperial Gallic I Moguntiacum Marc 3 1,886 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: drsrob