Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is who in the First Century AD Roman century?
Yes, that is my quandry, we just don't really know, but since there is continual ongoing research, hopefully, someday, we'll know more. I find my
books are always a year or two (at least) out of date. I was reading "Psuedo-Hyginus" last week, trying to understand his version of the camp, and especially guard duty and guard mount. Definately interesting. So many groups are recreating 1st Century AD, AD30-80, but.... with such limited information. No, I am not going to get into correct marching commands, tunic color, and when the specific additional pay started, let alone wondering if the centurion actually paid his assistants extra, from his own income, for doing certain technical tasks...... at least not on this thread.... :lol:

Mainly I am trying to see what other first person ( in period) sources people recommend....
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]

Messages In This Thread
Yes - by Caius Fabius - 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Roman Army during the 5th century Robert Vermaat 89 18,105 01-11-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Magister_Officiorum13241
  Question about the 6th century Roman army limitatus 9 917 04-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
Information A Sixth or Early Seventh Century Ad Iconography of Roman Military Equipment in Egypt Condottiero Magno 0 1,102 03-27-2019, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Condottiero Magno