Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Maddox Roberts "Princess and the Pirates (SPQR IX)
@John:

after finishing your "Orakel des Todes" (SPQR XII), I've worried it could be the last one in the series (twelve makes a good count for a saga ;-). First of all, I really like your book, but the final few sentences sound sad and doomed.

Well, we know that DCM short-stories continue some time into the principate (and the famous actress Galeria Copiola, born in the same year as DCM, reached an age of 105 - maybe DCM also)... but after the delay of SPQR XII I've feared the worst - Sometimes autors loose the interrest (or ideas) in continuing their sagas and that may result in an unsatisfying end.

But now, I've happily read, that SPQR XIII is on the run (and 13 or 14 are bad counts for closing a saga, I hope you agree ;-).

Therefore, some few questions from the fan to the author (if you allow):
Why had there been such a long delay for "Oracle of the Dead" and (even more important) when will SPQR XIII be finished and published? And will "Hannibals Children" be published in germany in the near future?

In general I'm curious, how long do you work on a SPQR book (in terms for research/planning and pure writing)?

thx in advance
KAI

Messages In This Thread
strange question - by Caius Fabius - 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Oracle of the Dead and following novels? - by Chiren - 11-05-2005, 12:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,972 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  SPQR IX: Princess & the Pirates/ J. Maddox Roberts richsc 1 1,186 05-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Caius Fabius
  The Seven Hills by John Maddox Roberts Caius Fabius 3 1,868 03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Caius Fabius