Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A History of the Idea of Glued Linen Armour
(08-09-2021, 02:08 AM)Sean Manning Wrote: Hi Todd,

have you considered submitting your leather spolas writeup and your twinned linen thorax writeup to Christian Cameron's reenactment magazine Hoplologia? PDFs have a longer half-life than forums (and its easier to process a tidy writeup than a thread with lots of side talk).

Sean
That's a good idea Sean. When I finish those projects I will look into it. I have to finish a painting before I can get back to finishing armour projects. I think the spolas should be done by the new year though. I'd like to create a few PDF manuals on how these experimental armours were made, too. Right now I am in the middle of: A Greek twined linothorax, the spolas, an Egyptian painted hide scale armour made like Tut's, composite bronze and hide scale armour, a twined Egyptian linothorax, Achilles' helmet, shield and greaves, a Greek shield effigy, and Mountain Pattern armour. I have a couple of secret projects I am working on too... For me it gets exponentially harder to finish items the closer they get to being done Undecided

Qui sepeliunt capita sua in terra, deos volantes non videbunt.
--Flavius FlavĀ 

Messages In This Thread
RE: A History of the Idea of Glued Linen Armour - by Feinman - 08-09-2021, 05:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Greek linen armour - what did it look like? Draugr the Greedy 4 1,977 12-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Feinman
  Earliest Modern Mention of Glued Linen Armor? Creon01 11 4,565 12-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Glued Linen Armour- a simple test Matt Lukes 239 61,667 03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Last Post: PMBardunias