Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A History of the Idea of Glued Linen Armour
I'm looking forward to reading it Sean!! Very important, as much money is spent by folks these days making the specious glued versions (I know there are still many glue believers), not to mention it is a valuable academic contribution that hopefully will unglue folks from the idea of the glued linothorax.
In a similar vein, I think Connolly is wrong about the leather basis of boar tusk helmets. Rather than an unstable bunch of leather thongs bound at the top of the helmet, I suspect that they were made in a similar manner to scale armour helmets--in segments, and the criss-crossing thongs described by Homer are the thongs lacing the tusk pieces to the helmet; they can be laced on in such a way that a criss-cross pattern is created inside the helmet.

Qui sepeliunt capita sua in terra, deos volantes non videbunt.
--Flavius FlavĀ 

Messages In This Thread
RE: A History of the Idea of Glued Linen Armour - by Feinman - 08-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Greek linen armour - what did it look like? Draugr the Greedy 4 1,961 12-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Feinman
  Earliest Modern Mention of Glued Linen Armor? Creon01 11 4,535 12-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Glued Linen Armour- a simple test Matt Lukes 239 61,287 03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Last Post: PMBardunias