Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak
Brian I think anything's possible, its too easy to make errors though based on a minimum of evidence even though there are plenty of these button and loop fasteners and therefore must have been in common usage... images don"t to my mind really answer the questions.... I can look at the Camomile street soldier all day and easily come to the conclusion its a small round brooch, this just seems more logical based on this image alone....

Maybe its an idea to list the potential uses of such a fastening... and why do they disappear at the end of the second century(Wild pg146)? and what potential replacements are there if any that would serve the same function?...

I think its also a good idea to look at the alternatives as well.....

Small round Romano British Plate brooches
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak - by Crispianus - 03-24-2015, 08:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloak- Pass for Paenula? Ironhand 14 2,970 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ironhand
  deepeka gallicus g OR h/hamata button tortous 11 2,431 01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Peroni
  Lacing loop help! emj1s 16 3,754 09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius