Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio II beyond the realms of Exeter
Quote:Hi all
I actually stumbled into this, if i was looking for it, i wouldnt have found it.
Google books online
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LXF5x...st&f=false
That also has to be the longest link ive ever seen.If that link doesnt work type into google search..second augustan legion in the south west...it should be the eigth searcg result,some very intersting stuff.
Kevin

I found a copy of this the last time I went to the museum at Caerleon (free entry and some seriously good exhibits - and as many photographs as you'd like to take!)

Chapter 6 is particularly interesting to me and it includes an appendix which lists officers' names. Having seen Claudius Cupitus' century stone in the museum, I get a great feeling of characterisation/humanisation to then find a superb silver badge/brooch/award in the museum at Vindolanda given to Quintus Sollinus of the century of Cupitus.

I always assume it's the same Cupitus; so if you know different may I please ask you to keep it to yourselves and not burst my bubble :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Legio II beyond the realms of Exeter - by Vindex - 02-16-2012, 12:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Claudian fort at Exeter kavan 0 502 10-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Last Post: kavan
  St Loyes dig near Exeter. 66kbm 0 784 11-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: 66kbm