Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Greeks ever adopt foreign equipment ..
Quote:is this another thread in the spirit of '' I hate that Greek culture is more famous than mine, and have to give school exams about it''? Cause if it is, we dont play this game here. Nobody ever made claims that Greeks did it all and did it perfect.

Yes. I was wondering about that side of things.

Without wishing to get political there is a disturbing trend I have noticed on various parts of the world wide web to try and rubbish Greek culture especially when it comes to the ancient Greek world. Check out YouTube for example because that is full of political reimaginings of history and revisionism which often flies in the face of all the best current scholarly thinking. At least Wikipedia tries to be fair about it all.

Again, without wishing to mention any names here (and after all I am a citizen of neither country) it seems some elements of a fairly recent addition to the European family of nations, has taken it upon itself to embark upon a course of historic reinterpretation (a mild euphemism) which has seen renaming of airports and the setting up of statues and momuments of ancient Greek personalities - but not within Greek territory! This is a highly peculiar thing to do.

I hope we do not have any of these anti-Hellenes here :|
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Did the Greeks ever adopt foreign equipment .. - by Ghostmojo - 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM