Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
Sam I have a drawing of the back of a Pompeii chape but I can not scan it in at the moment Sad but the chape guttering front cross bar and terminal are soldered as one on the back there is a small triangler piece crudley soldered on at the bottom of the chape and there is a small thin bar that goes acrosss the back below the Palmets and is nailed through the band and the gutering which holds the chape on the scabbard like the one below I made some years ago, but is fitted on the back like I have explained above;
[Image: P4090057.jpg]a
The centre piece is seperate, like Crispvs says the side gutering is straight on this type of chape but a minor detail. If I can scan the paper I have I will post the pic Big Grin If you PM me your email I can send you pics of origonals to look at they may be of some help. Kepp up the good work and keep posting great stuff Big Grin
Regards Brennivs
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by brennivs - tony drake - 09-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,757 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert