Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late roman officer and Lorica Musculata!
Salvete omnes!

I will receive my new Berkasovo jewelled helmet some time in the near future. The helmet, I was told, could be a good base for an officer impression of 4th century. A suggestion was also made that I could use Lorica Musculata with it! It would surely look good but where is the evidence and how plausible would that be? If it is indeed plausible, are the any acceptable Lorica Musculata's available which are not custom made? I have right now a basic ring mail (which is too plain with the helmet) and a lamellar cuirass (iron) which looks quite good already. Of course decorated greaves & belt would be the cherry on top of the officer impression...

Just found this old thread (http://www.ancient-warfare.org/rat.html?...&id=164589) so my question is, is there any new evidence concerning the Musculata?

Thanks in advance!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]

Messages In This Thread
Late roman officer and Lorica Musculata! - by Virilis - 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leather Cuirass Lorica Musculata, I used to think no way but AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs 209 62,637 06-19-2013, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Vitruvius
  Major update by Travis Lee Clark Lorica Musculata Antonius Congianocus 6 4,452 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Alexandr K
  Late roman lorica hamata? Virilis 18 4,560 12-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs