Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spatha
Musivarius thanks, I will post pics of bits when I get up to workshop been away weekend Big Grin
Caballo I also have come acroos a lot of pommels from that period, but who on some dusty shelves in storage stons with holes in may lurk and not Identified or classed as loom weights?
Kai I did not weigh the hilt so I will see if I can get it back and weigh Big Grin And see if I can compere it to a wooden one. Looking at the pommels though they tend to be smaller than wood examples so the weight is partly ballanced out.

[Image: 07190569.jpg]
It looks like the stones in the middle of the photo could be for pommels and you can compare them to the hilts in photo for size. As for handling it feels no different to a wood/bone pommel. Thanks for the feed back Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
Re: 3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spartha - by brennivs - tony drake - 08-23-2011, 12:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Hilted Albion Tiberius Blade with New Scabbard Pointer 0 491 12-22-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  1st, 2nd or 3rd Century Roman Spatha Development Pointer 0 869 02-05-2018, 07:26 AM
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,408 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM