Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
As long as the one picked is also suitable for the Fulham type. I am 99% sure my sword can resemble well a Fulham. I've been looking at some of the pictures, and it's hard finding Long Windsors and Vindonesians examples. I usually see Mainz types. I saw one good fulham scabbard with a Pompey style terminal knob. I used a cereal box to create gutters. I can roll the end pretty well together and will fit nicely in a gap drilled into the piece. I will work on the bridge piece that joins the gutters at the beginning of the angle, which also covers the horizontal stitches. Now a question, the gutters will have to bend at a curve, now I've seen gutters on a scuttum be bent around the curve, and this is nowhere near as extreme, but can I possibly shape the to a slight curve. On my way home today I will buy that piece. I will also look for a slightly thicker brass sheet, get that for the cross hangers if they have it.
Last question is directed to anyone, but specifically Magnus. Is it a BAD thing, the way my handle has been made. It isn't 100% authentic, even though any wood remains have long rotten away so we don't know for sure anyway, but any remarks are welcome. The description is on page three.

Sam
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 08-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,757 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert