Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
Okay, so I haven't done much lately as biology needs doing too. I am going to make slower progress and will get this complete soon, but not a week or two. I went to Ace for solid brass components for the terminal knob and they had much much more than lowes and home depot. They may have had it, but those stores are so big, and the people aren't too helpful... Some of the things shown in the following pics said "brass finish". The guy there who built turbine engines and used brass all the time said " well that can also mean it's got a finish on the brass." he took out a knife and scraped the metal. What we got was a silver color, and when you scrap solid brass you get that color. I know from my brass plate I used for my guard. I was doubtful about it, but the only thing that was iffy was this small round par. Everything else they had in "solid brass". I really think I wanna know if that one piece is solid or not cause it's good for the side gutters to slide into. Anyway, please use your imagination. My guards will be about over half an 3/4 of an inch wide, can wrap those at the tips to help fit in the small part.

I think I'm just going to have to make something. There is only so much you can help me with. Just are these parts ok? They are like, lamp fittings...
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 08-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,757 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert