Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spatha
Brennivs,

What drill bit did you use? Most decent tile shops should have some diamond bits in different sizes. These are circular bits with diamonds set around the edge. These will make pretty quick work of any hole needed. They also come with the resorvior to keep the drill bit wet (please tell me you had a P3 rated mask on when drilling the stone :wink: )They tend to be priced from about £12 up depending on the diameter.
I do wonder how they would of faired given the vibration through the marble. There is of course the arguement that they would have been experienced enough to know how to attach the stone in a way that does not allow it to move in relation to the the rest of the sword assembly thereby reducing the vibration.
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com

Messages In This Thread
Re: 3rd - 4th Century stone hilted Spartha - by Musivarius - 08-05-2011, 12:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Hilted Albion Tiberius Blade with New Scabbard Pointer 0 502 12-22-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  1st, 2nd or 3rd Century Roman Spatha Development Pointer 0 873 02-05-2018, 07:26 AM
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,415 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM