Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale Armor with sleeves...
I have in the past made scale armour with sleeves however I can't put up any pic's at this time, it is all in the making and fitting of the scales.
I have always used a thin soft leather as the garment and working from the bottom up in fitting the scales, then on reaching the area just below the breast you have to begin to arc the line of scales but only very slightly.
Then keep on doing this and one finds that after passing the armpit area the scales have started to go over the shoulders and point with the lower edges outwards towards the shoulders or out stretched arms, then if a piece of leather is stitched to the shirt at the tip of the shoulder the scales can be carried down onto that.
The leather needs to have a slight curve on both edges just like a segment that has been cut from a Melon the skin of the Melon that is, then a rectangular piece of leather can be fitted to the end of the sleeve maybe about six inches long but without meeting under the armpit leave about an inch to maybe two, so the arm can move freely at the armpit then a longer piece going all the way to the elbow or beyond can have the scales going all the way around and that is how it is done complete with scales from thigh to wrists in one piece.
Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
Scale Armor with sleeves... - by Markus Montanvs - 12-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Re: Scale Armor with sleeves... - by Robert - 01-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Re: Scale Armor with sleeves... - by chriskletke - 05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Re: Scale Armor with sleeves... - by PhilusEstilius - 05-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Re: Scale Armor with sleeves... - by Caballo - 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scale Armor & Accuracy markusaurelius 160 38,261 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Roman scale armor Vexillation 7 2,326 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM