Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak
Kevin.
With not wanting to go too far off topic the original and replica I made of the one on the left and also shown upside down has a length of,
45 mm
the button length is,
23 mm
the base of the triangle outer is,
12 mm with inside of 6 mm
Then the broken one with the tear drop shape button that is 20 mm length so as you can see these are small objects indeed,
These become stronger when made from brass plate and can be made in two parts where the triangular piece is braised onto the back of the button, a good tip is to drill just a small indent into the rear of the button and also into the end of the right angle bent over piece then a small amount of braising melted into these indents then when heated with a torch they fuse together just right.
All four that you need can be done this way or you could do one then have a load lost wax cast for future use, here is a load I did some time back that were all made from brass plate and are very strong indeed also you can see there were some very decorative ones with inlays pieces of which I do have in my collection.
[attachment=12047]Picture096.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
Button and Loop fasteners on Paenula Cloak - by PhilusEstilius - 03-22-2015, 11:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloak- Pass for Paenula? Ironhand 14 2,973 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ironhand
  deepeka gallicus g OR h/hamata button tortous 11 2,431 01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Peroni
  Lacing loop help! emj1s 16 3,754 09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius